- minimal / dubstep
A professional jury consisting of music business members had to select one winner in every genre. Brian-V, a well-known house DJ and owner of the Prime Records Belgium label, had not only been invited to play at the afterparty, but he fulfilled a crucial role in the selections after the contest as well.
To prepare for this contest I took the opportunity to join DazZs Audio (Jordi) and Wezzelby (Wesley) during their promodays at fashion store Labels. I had a great time spinning records, distributing flyers and making lots of fun. I could already drop some tracks and watch the people’s response in the streets. This helped me when picking the right records for my electro set back home. I wanted to make it sound dirty without loosing its funky character. To highlight this even more, I chose Kraak & Smaak‘s brand new track called ‘Dynamite’ to kick off with. You’ll be sensing the same groovy beats throughout this set.
This is the complete playlist of my Stereo The Contest set:
- Kraak & Smaak – Dynamite (Original Mix)
- John Acquaviva & Lützenkirchen – Zombie (Original Mix)
- Boys Noize – Oh! (A-Trak Remix)
- John Acquaviva – Monster (Original Mix)
- Jin Sonic & Dive – Play (Wolfgang Gartner Dub)
- Acid Jacks – Awake Since ’78 (Original Mix)
- Savant Garde – Trigger Happy (Olivier Giacomotto Remix)
- Dada Life – This Machine Kills Breakfasts (Original Mix)
- Kid Dub – Tetris (Tocadisco Edit)
- Wolfgang Gartner – Front To Back (Original Mix)
- Deadmau5 feat. MC Flipside – Hi Friend (Original Mix)
- LFO – Freak (Original Mix)
During the afterparty at Club 1900, I shared the decks with DazZs Audio (Jordi) and Wezzelby (Wesley) again. These guys already have a strong reputation as DazZelby, thanks to their quick mixing skills, original track selections and self-made mashups.
Conclusion: the first edition of Stereo The Contest was a great success and I’m looking forward to the next one. Bonkers!